Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shopping with Daddy

We received word last night that a friend I've met through MOPS, who had been placed with a baby in early January, was going to have to give the baby back to his firstmom today. The firstmom had a change of mind and has decided to parent. I fully believe that those who give birth have the right to parent, but I also know what a great mom my friend is and the loving, Christian home this little boy would have grown up in. My heart is just breaking for this family. I am keeping this family in my thoughts and prayers and asking God to give them guidance and comfort as they go through this tough time.

Last night I hugged Minnow just a little tighter and held onto her just a little longer as I put her to bed. I spent the hour before bedtime watching her hang out with Muskie Man, studying the new Bass Pro Shops catalog. I think they picked out a few new fishing lures together.

"This one, Daddy, it will catch you the big one!"
daddy time

2 comments:

Joanne said...

That's to bad about your friend. Please let her know she's in my thoughts.

I love that picture! :-)

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear what is happening to your friend. That happened to us too. We had twin girls in our home for almost a month and the mom changed her mind. It was the hardest thing to go through so your friends are definately in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is with them.