Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Language Explosion!

We've been having a language explosion around here for the past month or two. Minnow's vocabulary has been just exploding. Sometimes we have to try very hard to translate what is being said, but for the most part, we figure it out. It is so nice that she can verbalize what she wants instead of just grunting and pointing.

She repeats what we say and understands if we give her simple commands. It is so fun to watch her grow in to this funny, interesting little person.

One of my favorite phrases is "I want a W*ii" She watched my nieces and nephews play the W*ii on our vacation in June and loves this thing. She cheers for them as they play and also wants to participate in Gui*tar Hero. Several of our friends have the game too, so she can watch it at their homes.

The first time she asked me for one, I told her to ask her daddy. He was out in the garage and came in about 15 minutes later. She ran up to him and looked up (she comes up to his knee) and said, "I want a W*ii." It was priceless! What is she going to ask for next, a pony?! I don't think we will be getting a W*ii any time soon, but she can enjoy the games at other people's homes.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Daiquiri said...

"I want a Wii"...hilarious! When my oldest was learning to talk, he was constantly cracking me up. It's like he couldn't speak one minute, and the next we were conversing. One day he was playing with his food and making a huge mess. I looked at him from across the table and gave him *that* mommy look. He responded with "Mommy, you not impressed?"

I mean really, how could I not laugh?! :)