Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mommies aren't allowed to be sick!

So we've been a bit under the weather here in Muskie-land. Minnow came down with a stomach flu type thing on Sunday. We had to wake her up for church, gave her a little formula, she wouldn't drink much, and got her ready. We sat her down in the pew and she had a weird look on her face and then had a big spit-up/puke--all down her dress and dribbling down her chin! She was rather lethargic during the service which was a nice change of pace as Muskie Man usually ends up wrestling with her during church. When we got home after church, she was crawling around and I heard a strange noise come from her and then smelled it! GROSS! She had several scary diapers that day and slept alot.

Monday she woke up feverish and not herself. She didn't want to eat anything, but did drink quite a bit of pedialyte. Minnow just sat on my lap all day and cuddled and napped. Muskie Man came home from school and was sick himself. I guess him walking by me with Im*odium A/D was a good sign he wasn't feeling well. He went straight to bed, but spent most of the evening throwing up. He even laid on the bathroom floor for a while and was not drinking anything--I was a little concerned.

I woke up in the middle of the night not feeling well. My body ached and I had the chills. Tuesday I felt like I had been run over by a truck or something. Muskie Man was feeling a little better but still slept quite a bit. Minnow was doing better also, but still had some scary diapers and wasn't eating much. I think I slept about 18 hours on Tuesday. Muskie Man and I traded off napping and taking care of Minnow. It was not a good day. By Tuesday evening, Muskie Man was on the mend, he even made a frozen pizza.

Wednesday dawned with all of us feeling much better. I was 100% better and able to function. Minnow is still not quite herself, but is laughing and playing, just not eating alot. Muskie Man is back at school "educating and motivating," as he always says.

I have come to the conclusion that mommies just aren't allowed to be sick--who takes care of the rest of the family, who cooks, who cleans, who takes care of moomy?! Well, I'm off to clean my germ-infested house.

No comments: