Thursday, April 10, 2008

Please don't touch my Minnow's hair

To whom it may concern:
Please don't touch my Minnow's hair, I know it's pretty, but I don't know you and you don't know Minnow. This goes for you, cashier at Fleet Farm who couldn't stop patting her head and feeling her curls. Also included is the random lady at the grocery store yesterday. You also said you had a puppy in your car in the parking lot which seemed just plain weird and bordering on creepy.

I know that you people don't often see kids with hair quite like Minnow's, it is very pretty. Why do you always have to reach out and touch it? We don't reach out and pat you on the head? A spoken comment would be just fine.

Thank you,
Muskie Mom

1 comment:

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

AMEN, sister!

I just DO NOT get why strangers feel they should even SPEAK to our children, much less touch them!

And if we object, somehow WE are perceived as rude? It's just backwards somehow, isn't it?