Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer is Over

Summer is over and now I'm back to the blogging thing. My friend, BJ_Mamma, from For What It's Worth or Not declared my blogging vacation over--just the push I needed. Thanks BJ!

The Muskie family had a great summer, we spent alot of time in the Northwoods staying with my brother and family so Muskie Man could fish for the elusive muskie. We spent a week with Muskie Man's family at a resort way Up North and had two sunny days (out of seven)--not a very good ratio of sunny days to cloudy days! One day it didn't even get out of the 50's--in July! Despite the not so good beach weather, we still had a good time with family. We went to visit my parents for a long weekend and I fit a business conference in there too.

Minnow turned three a few weeks ago and we celebrated her birthday on the water in our boat with some good friends. Turning three means that Minnow is now old enough to go to preschool. Today was her first day, which signified summer being over. She had a great day, preschool will be very good for her. That pretty much sums up the summer, I'll let these pictures do the talking:
Most days would find us at the park for some fun playtime with friends:

Photobucket
4th of July!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ridin' in style in my uncle's '69 Buick. Muskie Man and I rode in this on our wedding day, 14 years ago. Many of my aunts, uncles and cousins have also borrowed this ride on their wedding day. At the time of this picture, the Buick was being used by one of my cousins and his new bride.
Photobucket
Having fun at an amusement park. This place has alot of little rides for the kids and each ride only costs a quarter! Minnow loved it, despite some rain showers.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We like to call her the "Fish Whisperer"
Photobucket
Photobucket
Chillin' on the boat:
Photobucket
Just lookin' cute:
Photobucket
Time for school--summer's over:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah! So excited to see your post pop up on my Google Reader! Minnow is adorable as always!!

BJ_Mama said...

I'm so proud! Minnow is TOO ADORABLE! Has anyone asked you to have her model for Matilda Jane yet...if not, I think you may have something there...
Summer can't be over, it just started! :(